Ankara, Turkey, June 25, 2016 - Belgium have just won their first victory in FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix 2016 Group 1, but can they do it again on Saturday, when they face Brazil, a team they have never beaten at a major international tournament before?
• Brazil have won each of their previous four World Grand Prix meetings with Belgium.
• Belgium won the first set against Brazil at the World Grand Prix in last week's meeting (3-1).
• Juciely Cristina Barreto (13 spikes, 6 blocks) and Sheilla Castro De Paula Blassioli (17 spikes, 2 aces) both scored 19 points for Brazil in this match. Lise Van Hecke scored most points for Belgium (15 spikes, 1 block).
• Their only other meeting at a major tournament came at the 1956 World Championship (3-0 Brazil win).
• Brazil have won five of their seven matches at the 2016 World Grand Prix.
• Brazil lost two matches in 2015 and the last World Grand Prix campaign in which they suffered more than two defeats was 2010: three.
• Natalia Pereira has scored 87 points.
• Fabiana Claudino has 18 stuff blocks and an average of 0.7 blocks per set.
• Danielle Lins has an average of 4.8 setups per set.
• Belgium clinched their first victory at the 2016 World Grand Prix with a 3-1 win against Turkey on Friday.
• They can now win two matches in a row for the first time since a run of three wins in 2014, against Puerto Rico, Poland and Netherlands.
• Lise Van Hecke has scored 98 points.
• Freya Aelbrecht has 18 stuff blocks and an average of 0.7 blocks per set.