Bendigo, Australia, June 3, 2016 - Both Colombia and Croatia won their first matches in the FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix 2016 on Friday and will be striving to follow up with a second win as they face each other on Saturday.
• Colombia and Croatia have never met at a world level tournament.
• Colombia will meet a CEV team for the first time at the World Grand Prix.
• Last year, Croatia met a CSV side at the World Grand Prix for the first time. They were defeated by Argentina (3-1).
• This will be Colombia's 10th match at the World Grand Prix. They have won seven of the previous nine, all in 2015.
• Colombia have now won four of their last five matches in major competitions.
• Moreno Pino Kenny scored 10 attacking points and three blocks in the 3-0 win against Australia.
• Croatia beat Cuba 3-1 in their 2016 World Grand Prix opener and they can now win two matches in a row at the World Grand Prix for the first time since a streak of four wins in 2014.
• Croatia had failed to win any of their six matches at the 2015 World Grand Prix.
• The last time Croatia won two matches in a row in any major competition was at the 2015 European Championships against Bulgaria and Russia.
• Croatia scored 11 points from blocks against Cuba.
• Samantha Fabris scored 25 points against Cuba.