Wloclawek, Poland, June 11, 2016 - Poland play at home while Kenya have yet to win a set in the FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix 2016. The hosts of this Group 2 tournament in Wloclawek are surely the more likely winner of Saturday's match against the African squad.
• Poland and Kenya will meet for the first time at the World Grand Prix.
• Poland have never faced a CAVB team at the World Grand Prix.
• The last major tournament at which these teams met was the 2007 World Cup. Poland won 3-0.
• Poland have won three of their first four matches in this season’s World Grand Prix, a feat they only achieved in 2010 and 2014, when they took four wins out of four.
• Poland could equal their best start at the World Grand Prix with a win here. They won four of their first five matches in 2010 and 2014.
• Poland’s last two matches went the distance, losing 3-2 to Puerto Rico last week and beating Argentina 3-2 on Friday. They have played three straight five-setters on two occasion in the World Grand Prix, losing successively to Russia, Korea and Cuba in 2006 and beating Azerbaijan in 2006, followed by defeats against United States and China in 2007.
• Poland's last straight sets win at the World Grand Prix came against Argentina on 12 July 2015.
• Kenya have lost all four of their World Grand Prix matches by a 3-0 score this season. This is their longest losing streak at the tournament.
• Kenya's last win at the World Grand Prix was their final match of 2015 when they beat Peru 3-1.
• Kenya now have an equal record of nine wins and nine defeats at the World Grand Prix.
• Kenya could lose their fifth straight World Grand Prix match, as many as they gave up in their 14 matches prior to this streak.