Wloclawek, Poland, June 12, 2016 - Both Poland and Puerto Rico will be packing for the Bulgarian Black Sea coast to play at the Group 2 finals of FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix 2016 in Varna, but first they have the dress rehearsal against each other in Wloclawek.
• This will be the eighth meeting between Poland and Puerto Rico at the World Grand Prix. Poland have won two, Puerto Rico five.
• Puerto Rico's five wins over Poland are a record for the team against a specific opponent at the World Grand Prix.
• These teams already met this World Grand Prix season, as Puerto Rico beat Poland 3-2 on 5 June. Despite their loss, Poland's Berenika Tomsia was top scorer in that match with 29 points.
• Poland's two wins against Puerto Rico came on 21 August 2010 (3-0) and on 1 August 2015 (3-1).
• Poland have won four of their five matches at the 2016 World Grand Prix, only losing to forthcoming opponents Puerto Rico on 5 June (3-2).
• They beat Kenya 3-0 in their most recent match, their first match that ended in straight sets this season.
• Malwina Smarzek scored a match-high 13 points for Poland in that match against Kenya.
• Poland can now win three consecutive World Grand Prix matches for the first time since winning three in a row in 2015. Their last win of that streak was a 3-1 victory over Puerto Rico.
• Puerto Rico have started their campaign with five wins, against Czech Republic, Canada, Poland, Kenya and most recently a 3-1 win over Argentina.
• Karina Ocasio scored 26 points in that 3-1 win against Argentina, 12 more than any other player.
• Never before had Puerto Rico started a World Grand Prix season with more than two consecutive wins.
• Puerto Rica can now equal their record of six successive World Grand Prix wins, set in 2014.