Varna, Bulgaria, June 15, 2016 - Puerto Rico have won all of their six FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix 2016 matches so far. The Dominican Republic are on a five-match winning streak.So the stage is set for an exciting all-Caribbean clash in the first Group 2 semifinal in Bulgaria.
• This will be the fourth meeting between Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic at the World Grand Prix. Puerto Rico won their first meeting in 2012 3-2, but lost twice in straight sets in 2013.
• Dominican Republic have only won more World Grand Prix matches against Chinese Taipei (3) and Poland (6).
• The last meeting between these teams came on 7 January 2016 in the NORCECA Olympic Qualification Tournament. Dominican Republic won 3-1.
• Puerto Rico can set a new team record for winning most consecutive matches at the World Grand Prix. Currently, they have a streak of six, equal to their six successive wins in 2014.
• They are the only team in Group 2 of the 2016 World Grand Prix without a defeat.
• Their last loss was the 3-1 defeat to Czech Republic in their final match of the 2015 World Grand Prix.
• Puerto Rico have won six of their last seven World Grand Prix matches which went to five sets, the only loss being the 3-2 defeat to Bulgaria on 5 July 2015.
• Shara Venegas has an average of 6.45 digs per set, most of all Group 2 players.
• Dominican Republic are on a team record five-match winning streak at the World Grand Prix.
• Prior to this streak they had lost 15 consecutive World Grand Prix matches.
• Their most recent match was the 3-2 win against Czech Republic. Annerys Victoria Vargas Valdez (15 points), Brayelin Elizabeth Martinez (15), Gina Altagracia Mambru Casilla (14) and Behtania De La Cruz De Peña (14) all scored more than 10 points.
• None of Dominican Republic's last 15 World Grand Prix matches ended in a 3-1 score line, since the 3-1 defeat to United States on 17 August 2014.