Olomouc, Czechia, June 9, 2016 - Bulgaria and the Dominican Republic have already met at this year's FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix. Last week in Argentina, the European managed a five-set victory against their Caribbean opponents.
• On 3 June Bulgaria beat Dominican Republic 3-2 (23-25, 25-20, 25-18, 17-25, 15-9). Bulgaria's Emiliya Nikolova became top scorer with 26 points (24 spikes - 1 block - 1 serve).
• It was the only second meeting between these teams at the World Grand Prix. Their first was won by Dominican Republic in 2013, also 3-2.
• Bulgaria are on a four-match winning streak at the World Grand Prix. Only once did they win more consecutive matches in the competition: eight in 2014.
• Their last loss was against Czech Republic on 11 July 2015: 3-2.
• Bulgaria have won their last three World Grand Prix matches against NORCECA teams, since their 3-2 loss against Canada in 2015.
• Bulgaria have won exactly 20 World Grand Prix matches (six losses).
• Dominican Republic are on a two-match winning streak at the World Grand Prix, having lost their 15 matches prior to this run.
• Dominican Republic can now equal their record of winning three consecutive World Grand Prix matches. That previously occurred in 2011-2012 when they beat Poland, Kazakhstan and Chinese Taipei.
• Their last loss was against forthcoming opponents Bulgaria (3-2 on 3 June).
• Dominican Republic's last match was the 3-0 win over Kenya on 5 June, marking their first straight set win at the World Grand Prix since 18 August 2013 (versus Algeria).