Olomouc, Czechia, June 12, 2016 - The Czech team will be trying to finish their FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix 2016 home tournament in Olomouc on a high note by securing a victory over the Dominican Republic. The Caribbean side has already qualified for the Group 2 finals in Bulgaria, while the central European squad is already out of contention.
• Czech Republic and Dominican Republic have met only once at the World Grand Prix. On 4 August 2013 Dominican Republic won 3-1.
• Czech Republic started their 2016 World Grand Prix campaign with two losses, followed by two wins and have now lost their most recent match against Bulgaria (3-1).
• Czech Republic have not played a five-setter at the World Grand Prix since their 3-2 win over Bulgaria on 11 July 2015 (eight matches since).
• Czech Republic are on a two-match winning streak against NORCECA teams, beating Canada already twice this season on 5 and 10 June.
• Dominican Republic recorded a fourth successive win in the World Grand Prix with a 3-0 win against Canada on Saturday.
• Dominican Republic had lost 15 straight World Grand Prix matches prior to this streak.
• Dominican Republic had previously never won more than three World Grand Prix matches in a row.
• They have won their last three matches in the competition without losing a single set. Never before had they won back-to-back World Grand Prix matches in straight sets.
• Bethania De La Cruz De Peña (17), Brayelin Elizabeth Martinez (13) and Marianne Fersola Norberto (11) all reached double figures in scoring against Canada.