Ankara, Turkey, June 25, 2016 - The hosts of this FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix 2016 Group 1 tournament Turkey may still have a chance to make the finals, but even if they do not, they will try to finish this season on a high note and please the home crowd in Ankara with a win against South American giant Brazil.
• These teams will meet for the fourth time at the World Grand Prix. Brazil won the first two - 3-0 in 2008 and 3-1 in 2012 - while Turkey managed to win their last encounter in 2014 (3-2).
• Brazil only have a lower win percentage against United States (59%, W13-L9), Russia (59%, W17-L12) and Bulgaria (0%, W0-L1) than against Turkey (67%, W2-L1) at the World Grand Prix.
• Brazil's loss against Turkey in 2014 is one of their five defeats in their last 43 World Grand Prix matches.
• Turkey have lost three consecutive World Grand Prix matches for the first time in team history.
• Their most recent match was the 3-1 defeat to Italy. Fatma Yildirim was Turkey's top scorer with 15 points.
• Brazil have won six of their eight matches at the 2016 World Grand Prix.
• Last year they lost two matches. The last World Grand Prix campaign in which they suffered more than two defeats was 2010 (3).
• Jaqueline Pereira De Carvalho Endres and Juciely Cristina Barreto both scored four points from stuff blocks against Belgium.
• Danielle Lins is currently among Group 1's best setters in the competition with an average per set of 4.13.