Algiers, Algeria, June 4, 2016 - Peru and Mexico will meet on the second competition day of the FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix 2016 tournament in Algiers after winning their matches on Friday. The winner of this match will take the current leadership in the pool standings.
• Peru won their only previous World Grand Prix encounter against Mexico, 3-0 on 28 June 2015.
• Peru won four of the last five matches against NORCECA sides at the World Grand Prix. They defeated Cuba three times and Mexico once. Only against Canada they suffered a defeat (3-0).
• Mexico have lost both encounters with CSV sides at the World Grand Prix. Besides the loss against Peru they also lost against Colombia, also in straight sets.
• Peru have now won 10 of their last 18 matches at the World Grand Prix. They had won only one of their first 18 World Grand Prix fixtures.
• Peru ended a run of four defeats in major competitions with their 3-1 victory against Kazakhstan.
• Kazakhstan was also the victim the last time Peru won, which was at the World Olympic Qualifying tournament in May.
• Angela Leyva led the scoring against Kazakhstan with 31 points, almost one-third of all points for Peru (101).
• Mexico kicked-off their 2016 World Grand Prix campaign with a 3-0 victory over Algeria on Friday, their second straight-set win ever in the competition after a 3-0 win over Algeria in 2014.
• Mexico have now won their last three matches in the World Grand Prix (incl. 2015), their best streak ever in the competition.
• Mexico can win their opening two matches for the first time ever in the competition. On their debut in 2014, they started with one win and one defeat. Last year, they lost their opening four matches.
• Lizbeth Sainz topped Mexico's scorers list in their match against Algeria (3-0 win), with 12 points.