Almaty, Kazakhstan, June 18, 2016 – Peru and Colombia will come together in Almaty, Kazakhstan as they look to recover from FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix Group 3 disappointment.
· Peru have won two of the three matches against Colombia at the World Grand Prix, all in 2015: Peru won 3-1 and 3-0 and Colombia won 3-0.
· Peru have won the last three competitive matches against Colombia, including a 3-0 win at the 2016 South American Olympic Qualification tournament.
· Peru's semifinal defeat against Croatia was their first loss at the 2016 World Grand Prix, after six wins.
· This will be Peru's 19th competitive match in 2016 and they have won 11 of the previous 18.
· Angela Leyva scored 27 of Peru's 73 total points in the semifinal against Croatia.
· Colombia had a winning run of three matches at the World Grand Prix before 3-2 their semifinal defeat against Kazakhstan.
· It was the first time Colombia played a five-setter at the World Grand Prix.
· Colombia have won eight of their 14 competitive matches in 2016.
· Moreno Pino Kenny (18), Madelaynne Montaño (17) and Melissa Rangel (14) scored most points against Kazakhstan.